Saturday, August 2, 2008

The “Yes” Prayer

With praise for all you are, Lord

And thanks for all you bless;

Lord, grant these ten petitions

With your eternal Yes:

Please show me that you’re there

When I can’t see your face;

Send troubled souls my way

Their wounds I will erase.

Let me see with your eyes

My mind with your thoughts fill;

But more than wisdom give me

The strength to do your will.

Bless me with abundance

Then put me to the test;

Gladly will I give you

Much more than I possess.

Send me your tranquility

In troubled times and calm;

With loving arms sustain me

Through suffering and harm.

Forgive me my sins

Though legion they may be;

When death and evil triumph,

Bring good from tragedy.

But most of all reveal

The meaning of my life

The purpose of my glories

The reasons for my strife

My destiny in Heaven

No tears to flow again

My God please grant me all

In Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

No comments: